Apple has introduced Chinese handwriting support to Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6). You can find more details about this feature in the official support site.
So, do I still need Finger?
- Snow Leopard supports Chinese handwriting in “Multi-Touch trackpad in your Mac notebook”. If you don’t have a Mac notebook or if your notebook does not support multi-touch, Finger would be the best option for Chinese handwriting input.
- Finger provides a different user experience! You can hold the iPhone or iPod Touch in your palm or put it anywhere while you write. This definitely provides you a more flexible input experience.
In Finger v.1.1, we added the following unique features:
- User Dictionary – user’s own associated word dictionary
- Chinese Character Conversion – real-time Chinese character conversion as you type (from Traditional to Simplified and vice versa)
- Enable/Disable Auto-lock – you can keep your iPhone on without entering sleep mode
- Landscape mode support
We will continue improving Finger is a dynamic and user-driven manner in order to offer you the best Chinese handwriting input experience for your computer using iPhone.